WVLLN 14-19 External Knowledge Exchange Network (EKEN)
The WVLLN 14-19 EKEN is a regional initiative funded by the WVLLN and led by the University of the West of England (UWE). The EKEN creates virtual and physical spaces for discussion enquiry and knowledge exchange focusing on 14-19 developments in the WVLLN area, including Diplomas and progression to HE.
- provide a supportive mechanism for existing internal 14-19 networks and contacts;
- encourage curriculum links between HE and 14-19 stakeholders
create virtual and physical spaces for discussion and enquiry
develop and share practice/research;
- facilitate regional professional development events focused on 14-19/HE progression issues;
- provide an accessible knowledge and development resource for staff who are time-poor.
- all WVLLN partner HEIs (including the Open University South West);
- Local Authority 14-19 advisors and groups;
- 14-19 area partnerships and Consortia;
- other regional and national 14-19 networks (eg: SSAT, Aimhigher).
The WVLLN 14-19 EKEN Awards Scheme
The WVLLN 14-19 EKEN is currently sponsoring the 14-19 EKEN Awards Scheme. The Awards will fund small-scale action-orientated projects related to issues and questions arising from the 14-19 agenda and progression to higher education. A total fund of £3000 is available. The deadline for expressions of interest has now closed. The successful bids will be announced at the end of November 2010. A condition of funding is that projects must present their outcomes at the 14-19 EKEN Showcase event in June 2011.
In the past the 14-19 EKEN has hosted seminars, guest speakers and workshops. Further events are planned for 2010/11 and will be announced here.
For all queries, suggestions and to join the mailing list (free) please contact the EKEN Co-ordinator, Kate Thomas email@example.com
See case studies from FE and HE
View case studies